How to share files with Files for LogMeIn
Share your files and folders with other users using Files for LogMeIn.
Share a file or folder (read-only access)
You can share files and folders by sending a link to others using email, chat, or your preferred tool. Anyone with the link is able to view the file or folder (read-only access). Here's how to generate and copy the link.
- On the Files page, click the item you want to share.
- In the share column, click the link share file or share folder.
- Click Generate link.
- Copy the generated URL to your clipboard.
- Send the link to others using email, chat, or your preferred tool.
Share a folder with Users (view, modify, delete)
You can turn Files into a collaboration tool by sharing folders with specific users who will be able to view, modify and delete all content in the shared folders.
- On the Files page, click the folder you want to share.
- In the share column, click the link share folder.
- Under Users, enter the email addresses of the people you want to collaborate with. They do not need to be LogMeIn users already. Tip: The text box's limit is 100 email addresses and 70 characters per email address.
- Click Share with users. An invitation email is sent from LogMeIn Auto-Mailer.
The invited users must open the invitation and click the invitation link. Any invitee who is not yet a LogMeIn user will be prompted to create a LogMeIn account. Any invitee who is already a LogMeIn user will have a new profile added to his existing LogMeIn account: User of [your "Company Name"].
How to stop sharing (remove link)
To stop sharing a linked item, you must remove its link.
- On the Files page, select an item.
- In the Share column, click the shared link icon. The Share dialog is displayed.
- Click Remove link.