How to Create Alert Rules in an Alert Package
The first step in the Alert process is to create an Alert Package containing Alert Rules.
Who can use this feature? The Alerts feature is available for the following:
|Basic/Plus/Premier Subscription||Modular Subscription||User Permissions|
| || || |
An Alert Package is a set of rules that you can save and apply to a computer or group of computers.
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the Alerts > Manage Alert Packages and add or edit an Alert Package. The Add Alert Package page is displayed.
- Add rules to the package.
- Click Add New Alert Rule and select the type of rule to add.
- Edit the rule to meet your needs.
- To manage email options for a triggered alert, select When alert is triggered, also send an email. Additional email options are displayed:
- Send email when alert is acknowledged
- Include links to remote control and inventory. The email will include a link that launches remote control or opens an inventory report for the impacted host.
- Send email when status returns back to normal
- Warning: The email text box's maximum allowance is 128 characters. Where possible, use email distribution groups to send to multiple recipients.
- To make a self-healing alert, select When alert is triggered, also start a One2Many task. This option is only available when you have existing One2Many tasks. Choose a One2Many task that will address the alert.
- Continue to add rules as required. Tip: Click Export to save the Alert Package in an .xml file for later use.
- Click Save. The package is saved and ready to be assigned to computers or groups of computers.
Tip: To import a saved Alert Package (.xml), click Import.
Check the LogMeIn Community for Alert Packages posted by other LogMeIn users.