How to Create Alert Rules in an Alert Package
The first step in the Alert process is to create an Alert Package containing Alert Rules.
Who can use this feature? The Alerts feature is available for the following:
|Basic/Plus/Premier Subscription||Modular Subscription||User Permissions|
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the and add or edit an Alert Package on the left navigation panel.
Result: The Add Alert Package page is displayed.
- Click Add Alert Package and enter a friendly name of the package, for example Servers or Kiosk. You can also name your package based on the type of alert you are watching, for example CPU Usage.
- Add rules to the package.
Note: You will notice that you can choose from templates on the top of the alert rules list that pre-populate rules to add the condition you need. You can always add, remove and disable new rules.
- Click Add New Alert Rule and select the type of rule to add.
- Edit the rule to meet your needs.
- To manage email options for a triggered alert, select When alert is triggered, also send an email. Additional email options are displayed:
- Send email when alert is acknowledged
- Include links to remote control and inventory. The email will include a link that launches remote control or opens an inventory report for the impacted host.
- Send email when status returns back to normal
Warning: The email text box's maximum allowance is 128 characters. Where possible, use email distribution groups to send to multiple recipients.
- To make a self-healing alert, select When alert is triggered, also start a One2Many task. Note: Self-healing alerts is a function of the Automation module or Central Premier subscriptions, and it is not part of the Insight Module.
Result: This option is only available when you have existing One2Many tasks. Choose a One2Many task that will address the alert.
- Choose a One2Many task that will address the alert - for example, create a reboot task in One2Many, and select this task for the Application - Crashes rule.
- Continue to add rules as required.
Result:Tip: Click Export to save the Alert Package in an .xml file for later use.
- Click Save.
Result: The package is saved and is ready to be assigned to computers or groups of computers, or to an installation package under deployment. You can have as many Alert packages as needed, but you can assign only one Alert package per computer.
Check the LogMeIn Community for Alert Packages posted by other LogMeIn users.