How to Choose Which Updates to Apply
You can choose which Microsoft and Windows updates to install to your hosts.
Remember: A Premier subscription is required to use this feature.
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the Updates page.
- Select the computers you want to update.
- Click Apply updates. The list of available updates for the selected hosts is displayed on two tabs (Important and Optional).
- Select the updates that you want to install.
- To select whether hosts should be restarted after installing Windows updates, choose Restart computers if required to install the updates. Hosts are only restarted if at least one of the installed updates require reboot.
Option Description Immediately after updates are applied Select this option to restart the host when updates are downloaded and installed. After updates are applied, at this time Select this option to restart the host at a specific time. Optionally, select on this date to specify a date for rebooting the host. Additional delay Select this option to delay automatic restart. This delay benefits users who may be logged in to the host. When a user is present, a notification is shown regarding the pending reboot. Restart settings cannot be changed during the delay period.
- To display delivery options, click Change next to How the settings above are delivered to hosts. These settings are not applied to hosts, but rather tell LogMeIn how to deliver the Updates-related settings.
Option Description Attempt to connect to computers for LogMeIn will attempt to change how Windows installs updates for this period of time. Wake up computers Send a Wake On LAN command before attempting to deliver changes to update settings. Hosts must meet all Wake On LAN requirements. See How to Wake a Computer in Sleep Mode or Powered Off Using Wake On LAN.
- Click Apply updates. The updates are applied to any host that is online. For any host that is offline, the updates are applied when the host next comes online.