How to assign credentials to an Alert Package
Once you have created your Alert Packages you need to make sure that the computers in your packages are assigned credentials required to run the associated One2Many task with. The following steps show how you can do that.
- In Central, go to the page.
A list of available Alert Packages is displayed.
- Click Edit next to a package that has computers assigned.
The Select Target Computers for Alert Package page is displayed.Tip: You can toggle the button above the list to show only the assigned (selected) computers in this package.
- Click Save and Set Credentials above the list to go to the credential management page.
The set new credentials screen is displayed.Note: This page serves two distinct purposes:
Tip: On this page, No credentials indicates that your browser does not currently store credentials for that computer.
- Save (and verify) credentials in your browser’s local storage so that you can access your computers using these stored login credentials. For example, when you direct connect via the Computers page, your browser can automatically log in to the target computer.
- Save the credentials into the Alert Package which, in turn, will run the associated One2Many task with those credentials.
- Select the computer where you want to assign credentials.
- On the Apply Login Credentials pane, fill in the User name and Password fields
- Click Apply to Selected Computers. Note: Credentials are stored for offline computers too, even without selecting Verify credentials.
- Click Apply to Selected Computers.
- Repeat Step 4 to set credentials to all the computers in the package. Assigned credentials are masked in the Credentials (Domain\User name) column. Important: At this point, you have only saved the credentials in your browser.
- Click Assign credentials to package below the list of computers. Note: When you have a long list of computers, you have to scroll to the bottom of the page.
When the credentials are saved, the Alert Packages page is displayed.Important: Only at this point are credentials saved in the Alert package.