How to Assign an IP Range for Gateway Members on Windows
Gateway members are assigned an IP address by the DHCP server in your gateway's LAN. If no DHCP server is present, the gateway must be configured to behave as a quasi-DHCP server and assign addresses from a defined range.
- Open the Windows client that is set as the gateway.
- Right-click the gateway network and select Gateway settings from the menu.
Result: The Gateway Settings dialog box is displayed.
- Select the IP Parameters tab.
- Clear the Obtain IP settings automatically box.
- Under Address range, enter the appropriate addresses.
Important: You must complete each field under Address range.
- If you have a DNS server(s) in the network, you may enter their IP addresses and define a DNS suffix.
- Click OK or Apply to save your settings.