How do I record a remote control session?
Set the host to record and save a video file of each remote control session with the host.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path:
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path:
- Under Screen Recording, select Record remote control sessions.
- You can also choose from the following actions and options:
Option Description Video formatRemember: On a Mac, Remote Control sessions are always recorded in WebM format.
Choose RCREC to save files using GoTo's proprietary RCREC format. Choose AVI to use the standard AVI format. File size will be similar for both recording types.Tip: To view RCREC recordings, you must convert them to AVI format with the AVI Converter, which is designed for Rescue, but works with LogMeIn Central as well.Note: On Windows, Remote Control sessions in HD mode are recorded in WebM format. When you switch from HD to another resolution, the HD quality recording is closed and your lower quality Remote Control session is recorded into a new file. This file will have the video format you have originally selected (AVI or RCREC). Similarly, when you switch to HD resolution, the recorded AVI or RCREC file is closed and a new WebM file is created.
Location of video files Specify the location where video files will be saved. Type a path to an available directory or click Browse to define a location on the host.
- On Windows, the default location is C:\ProgramData\LogMeIn
- On a Mac, the default location is /Library/Logs/LogMeIn
View files Click to view a list of available recordings. Convert RCREC files to AVI (Windows only) Click to open the RCREC to AVI Conversion Wizard. Follow all on-screen instructions. Delete old files if folder size exceeds Select this option to automatically delete the oldest archived RCREC remote control recordings when the total size of all RCREC recordings in the Location of video files exceeds the defined value.
On Windows, AVI files are not counted toward the limit and will not be deleted.
- On Windows, click OK or Apply to apply your changes.
On a Mac, your settings are applied immediately to the host.