Manage Custom Attributes
User attributes are data fields in string format. A standard set of SCIM-based attributes for users – employeeNumber, costCenter, division, and department – are available from the Active Directory by default. These values can configured on the ADC v2 (learn how here), then further be customized in the Admin Center where they can then be mapped within User Sync to track metrics for users.
If your account is provisioned with Jive, you can also utilize the "Jive PBX extension" attribute on the ADC v2. Learn more.
Once you have run the ADC v2, you can manage your custom user attributes in the steps below.
You must create custom fields in order to map the values you configured in the ADC to be displayed as an attribute for your users. You can choose to add the 4 default user attribute field names (i.e., employeeNumber, costCenter, division, department) or create your own custom field names to map to each user directory attribute.
For example, if all users within your Active Directory share the same manager, then you could add the manager's name to 1 of the fields as a user attribute when editing attribute mapping on the ADC. Once you run the ADC, you can then create a custom field for "Manager" in the Admin Center so the name can then be mapped to your custom field for all users with that attribute.
Once you have configured user attributes on the ADC v2 (and if desired, created your own custom fields), you can map your attributes in User Sync as follows:
- Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Go to User Sync > Add custom attributes tab.
- Use the drop-down menu for each user directory attribute and map it to your desired value.
- Click Save when finished.
Next, proceed to manage your user sync rules.
Steps for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 and managing users in User Sync:
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2 requirements
- Set up an organization
- Install the ADC v2
- Configure the ADC v2
- Run the ADC v2
- Manage custom attributes (optional)
- Manage User Sync rules
- Update the ADC v2 to the latest version (if applicable)
- Troubleshoot the ADC v2 (if needed)