Share Your Screen (Web App)
When using the Web App, you can broadcast your own screen (or a specific application) to the rest of the session participants. To do so, you will need to complete a one-time installation of the screensharing browser extension if you are running Google Chrome v71 or older.
Topics in this article:
If you are running Google Chrome v71 or older, you will need to first install the GoToMeeting Pro Screensharing browser extension. You will not need to complete this download again (unless you uninstall the extension).
- You can directly install the extension here.
- If you have not yet installed the extension the first time that you are made Presenter while using the Web App, you will be automatically prompted to do so. Simply click Download and Add extension to continue.
- If you're running Google Chrome v71 or older, make sure you have downloaded the GoToMeeting Pro Screensharing extension.
- Click the Screen button at the bottom of the your screen. If you do not see the icon, ask the organizer to make you Presenter.
- Choose to broadcast your entire screen to other participants or select a specific application or Chrome tab. Note that all applications that are currently open will be shared. If you do not see the application you want, be sure that it is not currently minimized.
- Click Share.
- While your screen is being shared to other session participants, you will see a floating notification reminding you that other attendees can see your screen. You can click Hide to minimize the window if desired.
To stop screen sharing, do either of the following:
- Click Stop Sharing in the pop-up window.
- Click the Screen button so that it turns gray.