Test Your Network Settings (Windows)
If you're on a Windows computer, you can test your network in a couple of different ways.
You can also visit our Get Ready page to make sure you are prepared for your first meeting!
Applies to paid subscription plans only (learn more)
Topics in this article:
Does something feel off with your meeting session? You can use the Preferences window to test your GoToMeeting connection before or during a session to find out for sure.
1. Open Preferences.
2. Click Connection in the left navigation.
3. Under "Test your GoToMeeting connection", click Test Connection.
4. Under "Test Results", you'll see one of the following messages:
- Passed: You've established a connection.
- Fail: You haven't established a connection. See Join Help and FAQs for troubleshooting info.
Note: You may need to enter your Windows username and password or domain if you have a proxy that prevents you from connecting to GoToMeeting. If you don't have a proxy, please check to see that you have the minimum system requirements.
5. Click OK when finished.
The GoToMeeting Connection Wizard tests and determines the ideal connection settings that GoToMeeting can make within your network. After running the wizard, you can store your optional connection settings on your Windows computer and use those settings in the future to connect to sessions.
1. To begin the test, download the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard.
Note: Are you running GoToMeeting v8.7.0, b7155? Download the older version of the Connection Wizard here.
2. Open the G2MConnectionWizard.exe file and run the software when prompted.
3. When the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard launches, click Run the Connection Wizard to start the connection test. GoToMeeting's home page should launch in your default browser. If you're not redirected to www.gotomeeting.com, open your browser and go to that page.
Note: Users should use Advanced Mode only under guidance from a LogMeIn representative.
4. Click OK to continue. The Connection Wizard will determine the best connection setting for your computer when connecting to GoToMeeting. This process may take a few minutes to complete.
5. Once the detection process is complete, click Next.
6. Try out the new connection settings by starting a meeting.
- If you connect successfully, click Finish to complete the Connection Wizard test.
- If you are unable to successfully connect, click I still have problems. The following screen will explain the next recommended steps, which are to Contact Global Customer Support for further troubleshooting. You may be asked to provide a GoToMeeting Connection Wizard report by clicking Wizard Report.