How do I update my Active Directory Connector from v1 to v2?
The Active Director Connector (ADC) is a service that allows companies to automatically grant and rescind access to LogMeIn products for their employees.
To improve security for our API program, we are going to start to enforce a strict OAuth 2.0 authentication protocol. For this reason, it is required that all users who are running Active Directory Connector v1 must update to the newest version of the Active Directory Connector v2 by January 31, 2019. After that date, syncing updates in the Active Directory Connector v1 will stop working, and you will no longer be able to manage your users and products using Active Directory Connector v1.
What's new in the Active Directory Connector v2?
The Active Directory Connector v2 software combined with the Admin Center's integrated User Sync feature enhances your provisioning experience like never before. Here are some of the enhanced features you'll get when you upgrade:
- Automated user matching via User Sync - no more manually matching users in the ADC
- Ability to provision multiple products and tiers to a single user
- Added support to provision GoToAssist Remote Support, Service Desk, and Seeit (in addition to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, GoToTraining, and OpenVoice)
- No longer having to manually upgrade to a new version of ADC to support a new product or plan tier
- A sleek new look and feel - the "Provisioning" tab has been replaced entirely by the User Sync feature in the Admin Center
- Ability to enable automatic updates to allow the software to install new versions as they become available without requiring user interaction
Step 1: Capture your existing user configuration rules
To get started with the migration of your Active Directory Connector v1 to the latest version of ADC v2, it is absolutely necessary that you capture your existing user configuration rules for all of your user groups before uninstalling ADC v1. This information will be used as a point of reference during post-migration steps, when you will be required to reassign the products/tiers, administrative roles, and priorities (i.e., User Sync Rules) to all of your user groups.
- To obtain the most detailed information about each user groups' configuration settings, we highly recommend that you run a User Status report.
- Alternatively, you can take a screenshot of ALL of the entries listed in the "Active Directory groups with assigned products" section within the Provisioning tab of the ADC v1 software (as shown in the highlighted area of the image below). Please note that this option will not indicate the assigned product tier (e.g., GoToMeeting Pro, Plus, etc.) for your user groups' configuration settings - only the User Status report can capture those details.
Step 2: Migrate from ADC v1 to ADC v2
Once you have captured your user configuration rules, you can migrate your Active Directory Connector v1 service to Active Directory Connector v2 as follows:
- Ensure that you have followed all items in Step #1 before proceeding.
- Click Stop to stop the Active Directory Connector v1, then click Close.
- Uninstall the Active Directory Connector v1.
- Once uninstalled, open your Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and confirm if you can navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ADCv2. If the ADC2 registry location exists, delete all registry keys within this location, then close the Registry Editor.
- Install the latest version of the Active Directory Connector v2.
- Once installed, then follow these steps to configure the Active Directory Connector v2.
- When you have finished setting up all of your configurations, click Save.
- When prompted, click Yes to start the Active Directory Connector, then continue on to Step #3 below.
Step 3: Map your user configuration rules in User Sync
Once you have started the Active Directory Connector v2, your users and groups will begin populating in the Admin Center, but will not have any roles or products assigned. You can now use your User Status report
and/or screenshot of your user and group configurations to that you gathered in Step #1
to recreate your same configuration, as follows:
- Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com with your Org Admin credentials.
- Click the User Sync tab.
- Create and prioritize your User Sync rules for each directory group, using the User Status report or screenshot that you captured in Step #1. If desired, you can also manage custom attributes.
- Once all of your rule priorities and custom attributes (optional) are in place, toggle the switch on to enable the "User Sync is on" option.
- To keep track of the progress of your User Sync tasks, you can view your Activity History.