How to Start a PC/Mac Session via PIN Code
LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a PIN code.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the PIN Code connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session. The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field. You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Select the PIN Code tab.
- Click Create PIN Code. Rescue generates a 6-digit PIN code and displays it in the Generate New Session window and in the Session Log.
- Ask the customer to go to the PIN code entry site.
- The customer enters the PIN and clicks Connect to technician. The customer will see a dialog box asking him to download the Rescue Applet.
- Tell the customer to download the Applet. The download should take about 15 to 30 seconds. Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system and browser.
- Once the download is complete, ask the customer to click Run to execute the Applet. Once the Applet is installed, the customer status will change from Connecting to Waiting.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start. Customer Status will change to Active.