System Requirements – Host Computer
Before installing Host software on the computer you want to access remotely, make sure the device meets the following requirements.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or newer (including 64-bit)
- On Intel-based Macs (including M1-based Macs): macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer (including 64-bit)
- Linux, Chromebook and Windows RT are not supported
Note: Though Linux is not a supported OS, there is a beta version of the host available. For more information, see https://repository.services.logmein.com/linux.
Important: Make sure you are using up to date, officially supported third-party technology together with the host software. The host software is designed for use with third-party products and services (browser, OS, etc.) that are officially supported by their respective vendors and well-maintained by the end user (latest patches and updates installed). Learn more
Remote control performance depends on several factors, such as screen resolution, color depth, type of activity, available bandwidth and latency.
- For connecting and doing non-remote control work, any always-on internet connection is sufficient.
- For optimal remote control experience, we recommend a 10 Mbit/s or higher connection speed on each end, as per FCC guidelines for video streaming.
For details, see How much bandwidth is required to use Pro?
Article last updated: 20 March, 2023