System Requirements – Client Device
The computer, phone, or tablet you use to remotely access a LogMeIn computer must meet certain technical requirements.
PC and Mac Client-side Operating System
- Windows 7 or newer (including 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer (including 64-bit)
- On a Mac: OS X 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer
- Linux, Chromebook and Windows RT are not supported
PC and Mac Client-side Browser
While we recommend connecting via the LogMeIn Client desktop app, you can still access LogMeIn host computers through a supported browser.
On Internet Explorer and older versions of other leading browsers, a plugin is required for a full-featured experience.
Phone or Tablet
Install LogMeIn on any iOS or Android device that meets the requirements shown in the current AppStore or GooglePlay listing.
Remote control performance depends on several factors, such as screen resolution, color depth, type of activity, available bandwidth and latency.
- For connecting and doing non-remote control work, any always-on internet connection is sufficient.
- For remote control, we require a 1.5 Mbit/s (192 Kbyte/s) or higher connection speed on each end, as per FCC guidelines for video streaming. For optimal experience in Full HD resolution, a 2 Mbit/s (256 Kbyte/s) connection is recommended.
For details, see How much bandwidth is required to use LogMeIn Pro?