System Requirements – Client Device
The computer, phone, or tablet you use to remotely access a host computer must meet certain technical requirements.
PC and Mac Client-side Operating System
- Windows 7 or newer (including 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer (including 64-bit)
- On a Mac (including M1-based Macs): OS X 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer
- Linux, Chromebook and Windows RT are not supported
PC and Mac Client-side Browser
While we recommend connecting via the Client desktop app, you can still access Host computers through a supported browser:
- Internet Explorer 10 or newer
- Firefox 35 or newer
- Google Chrome 29 or newer
- Safari 7 or newer (Mac only)
Phone or Tablet
Install the client on any iOS or Android device that meets the requirements shown in the current AppStore or GooglePlay listing.
Remote control performance depends on several factors, such as screen resolution, color depth, type of activity, available bandwidth and latency.
- For connecting and doing non-remote control work, any always-on internet connection is sufficient.
- For optimal remote control experience, we recommend a 25 Mbit/s or higher connection speed on each end, as per FCC guidelines for video streaming.
For details, see How much bandwidth is required to use Pro?