Securing Host Computers with RSA SecurID
To add an extra layer of security over the simple username/password authentication, you can configure Host software to require RSA SecurID authentication.
Available on Windows hosts only.
Supported versions of RSA SecurID Authentication Agent: 7.1.x ; 7.0.x ; 6.4.x ; 6.1.x. Currently not supported: 7.2.1. For information on the RSA SecurID product, visit www.rsa.com.
- Set up an RSA SecurID server (RSA Authentication Manager).
- Set up RSA ACE Client software on each computer that will use RSA authentication.
- On each computer that will use RSA authentication, click . Configure the service.
- If you have the RSA software installed on the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and click . The RSA SecurID Authentication window is displayed. Use this window to set the following options:
- Disabled: When this option is selected, the host will not prompt for a SecurID during logon
- Required for all users: When this option is selected, all users will be prompted for a SecurID during logon
- Required for specified users: When this option is selected, only specified users will be prompted for a SecurID during logon
- Fail authentication attempts if the RSA SecurID server is not available
- Force User ID to match Login Name
- Use Domain name in User IDs
- Click Apply to save your settings.