Securing Host Computers with RSA SecurID
To add an extra layer of security over the simple username/password authentication, you can configure LogMeIn host software to require RSA SecurID authentication.
Available on Windows hosts only.
Supported versions of RSA SecurID Authentication Agent: 7.1.x ; 7.0.x ; 6.4.x ; 6.1.x. Currently not supported: 7.2.1. For information on the RSA SecurID product, visit www.rsa.com.
- Set up an RSA SecurID server (RSA Authentication Manager).
- Set up RSA ACE Client software on each computer that will use RSA authentication.
- On each computer that will use RSA authentication, click . Configure the service.
- If you have the RSA software installed on the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and click RSA SecurID Authentication window is displayed. Use this window to set the following options:
- Disabled: When this option is selected, LogMeIn will not prompt for a SecurID during logon
- Required for all users: When this option is selected, all users will be prompted for a SecurID during logon
- Required for specified users: When this option is selected, only specified users will be prompted for a SecurID during logon
- Fail authentication attempts if the RSA SecurID server is not available
- Force User ID to match Login Name
- Use Domain name in User IDs
- Click Apply to save your settings.