Managing Windows and Microsoft Updates Security
With Update Management you can control how Windows and Microsoft updates are installed on all supported hosts in your account.
Required host software: Version 4.1.1868 or higher
For each computer covered by your subscription, you can do the following:
- View list of pending updates
- Install updates
- View update settings
- Change update settings on a single host
Note: Recommended Updates for Windows 7 and 8 operating systems will show as Important Updates in Pro.
Required host operating systems
The host must run an officially supported Windows operating system. See System Requirements – Host Computer.
Tip: Consult Microsoft documentation for comprehensive information about Windows and Microsoft updates.
Note: In Windows 10 Home Edition the Windows Update Settings can't be changed.
- Windows 10 – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update
- Windows 8 – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-update-faq
- Windows 7 – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows7/Understanding-Windows-automatic-updating
- Windows Vista – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows-vista/Understanding-Windows-automatic-updating
- Windows Server 2008 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc730810(v=ws.11)
Note: Windows updates that do not have a Microsoft Knowledge Base article associated with them will show as “Null”.
Article last updated: 25 October, 2022