How to View LogMeIn Event Log Files
The host will always log the following events to the application log:
- Service Start/Stop
- Remote Control Start/Stop
Follow this procedure to view log files:
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path:
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path:
- Under Event Logs, click the View Files button.
A list of available log files is displayed.
- On the list, double-click the file you want to view.
- The active log file is named LogMeIn.log
- Older logs are stored with the naming convention LMIYYYYMMDD.log (example: the log file for January 10, 2009, would be LMI20090110.log)
- On a Windows host, click Download all logs in one compressed file to access all available logs in a single compressed archive
- You can also set the following options:
Option Description Location of event logs Define the folder where the files are to be saved. Leave blank to use the default location (the LogMeIn installation directory, typically C:\Program Files\LogMeIn). Keep event logs for Enter the number of days for which you would like to store log files. Enable debug-level logging Select this option to include system events in the LogMeIn.log file. This facilitates LogMeIn troubleshooting efforts.
- Click OK or Apply.
Your settings are applied immediately to the host.