How to View Host Event Log Files
The host always logs Service Start/Stop, Login/Logout and Remote Control Start/Stop events to the application log.
Follow this procedure to view log files:
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path:
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path:
- Under Event Logs, click the View Files button.
Result: A list of available log files is displayed.
- On the list, double-click the file you want to view.
- The active log file is named LogMeIn.log
- Older logs are stored with the naming convention LMIYYYYMMDD.log (example: the log file for January 10, 2009, would be LMI20090110.log)
- On a Windows host, click Download all logs in one compressed file to access all available logs in a single compressed archive
- You can also set the following options:
Option Description Location of event logs Define the folder where the files are to be saved. Leave blank to use the default location (the host software installation directory, typically C:\ProgramData\LogMeIn). Keep event logs for Enter the number of days for which you would like to store log files. Enable debug-level logging Select this option to include system events in the LogMeIn.log file. This facilitates troubleshooting efforts.
- Click OK or Apply.
Result: Your settings are applied immediately to the host.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022