How to Send a Desktop Sharing Invitation
- There are two ways to initiate the Desktop Sharing process.
- Option 1. On the computer you want to share, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and click the Desktop Sharing tab.
- Option 2. On the computer you want to share, click the LogMeIn icon in the system tray and select Share my desktop... from the menu.
Figure 1. Windows
Figure 2. Mac
- On the Desktop Sharing tab, click Send an Invitation....
The Invitation Details dialog box is displayed.
- Enter Invitation Details:
- Enter a Title for your invitation. This helps you track your invitations.
- Specify how long the invitation will remain open. The invitation will expire if the invitee does not accept within the given amount of time.
- Click Next.
- Choose an Invitation Method (how you want the invitation to be sent):
- Choose Send an email on my behalf to allow LogMeIn to send an email
- Choose I will send an invitation myself to send the invitation using your chosen email program
- Click Next.
- Send the invitation:
- If you chose I will send an invitation myself, you must copy the link and send it using your chosen email program.
- If you chose Send an email on my behalf, you must enter an email address and message to the recipient and click Next to send.
Tip: LogMeIn provides the invitation email in all supported languages. Use the Message Language drop-down to select a language.
- Click Finish to exit the sharing process.
The email recipient clicks the invitation link to activate the session. You are prompted to acknowledge your guest and grant either remote control rights or desktop viewing rights.