How to Send a Desktop Sharing Invitation
- There are two ways to initiate the Desktop Sharing process.
- Option 1. On the computer you want to share, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and click the Desktop Sharing tab.
- Option 2. On the computer you want to share, click the host icon in the system tray and select Share my desktop... from the menu.
- On the Desktop Sharing tab, click Send an Invitation....
Result: The Invitation Details dialog box is displayed.
- Enter Invitation Details:
- Enter a Title for your invitation. This helps you track your invitations.
- Specify how long the invitation will remain open. The invitation will expire if the invitee does not accept within the given amount of time.
- Click Next.
- Choose an Invitation Method (how you want the invitation to be sent):
- Choose Send an email on my behalf to allow the host software to send an email
- Choose I will send an invitation myself to send the invitation using your chosen email program
- Click Next.
- Send the invitation:
- If you chose I will send an invitation myself, you must copy the link and send it using your chosen email program.
- If you chose Send an email on my behalf, you must enter an email address and message to the recipient and click Next to send.
Tip: LogMeIn Pro provides the invitation email in all supported languages. Use the Message Language drop-down to select a language.
- Click Finish to exit the sharing process.