How to manually uninstall Pro
There may be times when you have to manually remove Pro from a User's computer. Before trying a manual uninstall, try uninstalling via command line.
Command line uninstallation
To perform a command line uninstall, do the following:
- Open Command Prompt (If in Windows Vista or newer, make sure you run Command Prompt as an Administrator).
- Type cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x86" (x64 if using a 64-bit OS) and hit Enter.
- Type logmein uninstall and hit Enter.
- Once the uninstall is complete, reboot the computer.
If a command line uninstall is unsuccessful, you can perform a manual uninstall. To perform a manual uninstall, follow the steps below:
- Terminate the host services running on the computer. To do this, open the Task Manager and terminate any and all instances of the following:
- Navigate to Program Files (x86) and delete the LogMeIn Folder
- Open the Run prompt and type regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the LogMeIn folder
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and delete the LogMeIn folder
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Current Control Set\Services and delete the following:
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete the LogMeIn GUI string value.
- Reboot the computer.
After rebooting the computer, Pro should be uninstalled. If you receive an "Access is denied" error while performing any of these steps, reboot the computer, then continue with uninstallation.