How to Connect using the Client Desktop App
Connect to Host computers in your account from your PC or Mac directly using the Client desktop app.
Why would you use the Client app to connect to hosts?
Think of the Client Desktop app as a quick link to your hosts. It provides a convenient way to perform basic remote management tasks on your hosts, such as remote control or copy files. However, using advanced features, such as reporting, creating alerts and mass deployment of hosts is only possible from the LogMeIn.com website.
- The host software must be installed and running on the host
- The host must be turned on
- The host must be connected to the Internet
- The host must not be in Sleep mode or Hibernation mode
Tip: Wake on LAN is only available from LogMeIn.com
- The host must not already be controlled by another user
Note: Multiple users can connect to a host simultaneously; however, only a single remote user can control it. For example, one user can control a computer while another uses File Manager or Management Tools.
- Launch the Client desktop app:
- Option 1. Click the system tray (or menu bar) icon and select Connect to computers.
- Option 2. Using the Start menu or Finder, start the LogMeIn Client.
- Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
Result: The computer list is displayed.
- Click the computer you want to access and select an action.
Option Description Remote Control Access and control remote computers File Manager Transfer files between computers and more Command Prompt Access remote computers in the background Main Menu Manage remote computers Info View computer detailsTip: To connect to a specific computer automatically when the Client starts, select the computer and the default action under .
Result: The client will attempt to make a connection to the host. You will be prompted to authenticate to the host.
- Log in to the computer using the appropriate authentication method:
Remember: Do not enter your LogMeIn ID and password. This will result in Error 1326 or Error 5 (incorrect user name and password).
- If prompted, enter the username and password you would enter if you were sitting in front of the host computer.
- If prompted, enter the Computer Access Code you created when you installed LogMeIn Pro to the host computer.
Result: Your session begins upon successful authentication.