How to Configure Proxy Settings
Specify the proxy server LogMeIn will use as an intermediary between your web browser and the Internet.
Tip: Proxy servers are primarily used by companies and organizations. Home users generally will not need this option.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path: Options > Preferences > Advanced
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path: Preferences > Advanced
- Under Proxy Settings, set the following options:
Option Description Proxy server address & port If you do not use a proxy server, leave this field empty. If you use a proxy, make sure the address and port information in this field match the information in your browser settings.Tip: To find your proxy address and port in Internet Explorer, go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > > Connections > LAN Settings; or click Get proxy settings to retrieve available proxy settings.Note: Uncheck the box next to Use automatic configuration script. Instead, you should manually enter the proxy as an IP address and make sure the proxy port number is also set. Proxy user name Complete this field if the proxy server requires authentication. Proxy password Complete this field if the proxy server requires authentication.
- Click OK or Apply. Your settings are applied immediately to the host.