How to Start a PC/Mac Session via Link and Messaging Tool
LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a link that you send to a customer using a messaging service or related tool.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the Link connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session. The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field. You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Select the Link tab.
- Click Copy Link to Clipboard. The link is copied to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into your messaging tool and send it to your customer.
- Ask your customer to open the message and click the link or paste it to his browser. The customer sees a dialog box asking him to download the Rescue Applet.
- Tell the customer to download the Applet. The download should take about 15 to 30 seconds. Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system and browser.
- Once the download is complete, ask the customer to click Run to execute the Applet. Once the Applet is installed, the customer status will change from Connecting to Waiting.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start. Customer Status will change to Active.