Why is my computer "unavailable"?
If you log in to your GoToMyPC account and see that one of your computers is Unavailable, then there is a connection problem at the host computer that is preventing you from establishing a session. You will need to physically go to this computer to resolve this issue.
Why is my computer "unavailable" or offline?
- The host computer is powered off or in sleep mode
- The host computer is not connected to the Internet
- The GoToMyPC host software is not running
Get your computer back online
You will need to physically be at your host PC or Mac and ensure that the following conditions are met:
- The host computer is turned on (you do not need to be logged in, and for security reasons the computer should be locked).
- The host computer is connected to the internet.
- The GoToMyPC host PC software is running.
Start and run the GoToMyPC app on a PC
- From your Windows Start menu, click AllPrograms and then GoToMyPC.
- If GoToMyPC is running, you will see the GoToMyPC icon in the computer system tray.
Ensure GoToMyPC is available while your computer is turned on
- Right-click the GoToMyPC icon in your computer system tray.
- Click Preferences.
- In the Host tab, make sure that the "Automatically" and "Disable sleep mode on host computer" boxes are checked.
- If you disable these preferences, you will need to ensure that GoToMyPC is running and that sleep mode has been disabled every time you leave the host computer unattended.
Manage sleep mode on a Mac
GoToMyPC is able to turn off sleep mode on your Mac, but putting your host Mac to sleep manually through the Apple menu icon or closing the lid can cause GoToMyPC to go offline. If you see the GoToMyPC icon in the top menu bar but your computer is still offline, reboot your host Mac. If the GoToMyPC software does not come back online, please contact Global Customer Support for assistance.
Remove the red X from the GoToMyPC icon in the system tray (Windows)
- Right-click the icon in the system tray and click Quit.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Restart the GoToMyPC app.