Why is GoToMyPC not launching automatically?
GoToMyPC is designed to launch automatically whenever the host computer is rebooted unless intentionally disabled from GoToMyPC Preferences. There are however, a few reasons why GoToMyPC may not start automatically.
If GoToMyPC does not start automatically, please review the following steps to determine whether the issue is caused by a configuration, installation or possibly a startup conflict.
Confirm GoToMyPC is configured to launch automatically
- Right-click on the icon in your system tray and click About.
- If not properly configured, select >Preferences from the GoToMyPC menu.
- From the Host tab, select Automatically and click OK.
- Reboot your computer and confirm GoToMyPC successfully launched by looking for the in your system tray.
If configured properly but still not launching upon reboot then reinstall GoToMyPC
- To reinstall GoToMyPC, be sure you are physically at the host computer you want to access remotely. Make sure you are logged in with administrative privileges on your host computer.
- Click the following link https://www.gotomypc.com/uninstall.tmpl.
- Download and run the GoToMyPC Installer. You will be given the option to update your GoToMyPC software. Select Update and click Next.
- Click through the installation prompts.
- Reboot your computer once the update is complete and confirm GoToMyPC successfully launched by looking for the in your system tray.
Third party application conflicts on Vista and Windows 7
- Click the Windows Start button.
- At the bottom of the Start Search window type in: services.msc and press Enter.
- Locate GoToMyPC in the list of Services. Right-click on the GoToMyPC listing and select Properties.
- In the GoToMyPC Properties window, select Automatic (Delayed Start).
- Select Apply, then click OK.
- The GoToMyPC software will now load after other Windows Services have finished loading. Reboot your computer to ensure that the GoToMyPC software launches properly. Note: The GoToMyPC software may take considerably longer to startup with this setting.
If you are still having issues with the GoToMyPC software starting automatically on your computer, please contact Customer Support for assistance.