Why is GoToMyPC not launching automatically?
GoToMyPC is designed to launch automatically whenever the host computer is rebooted unless intentionally disabled from GoToMyPC Preferences. There are however, a few reasons why GoToMyPC may not start automatically.
If GoToMyPC does not start automatically, please review the following steps to determine whether the issue is caused by a configuration, installation or possibly a startup conflict.
Confirm GoToMyPC is configured to launch automatically
- Right-click on the icon in your system tray and click About.
- If not properly configured, select >Preferences from the GoToMyPC menu.
- From the Host tab, select Automatically and click OK.
- Reboot your computer and confirm GoToMyPC successfully launched by looking for the in your system tray.
If configured properly but still not launching upon reboot then reinstall GoToMyPC
- To reinstall GoToMyPC, be sure you are physically at the host computer you want to access remotely. Make sure you are logged in with administrative privileges on your host computer.
- Click the following link https://www.GoToMyPC.com/uninstall.tmpl.
- Download and run the GoToMyPC Installer. You will be given the option to update your GoToMyPC software. Select Update and click Next.
- Click through the installation prompts.
- Reboot your computer once the update is complete and confirm GoToMyPC successfully launched by looking for the in your system tray.
Third party application conflicts on Vista and Windows 7
We are currently investigating some issues where certain third party applications may interfere with GoToMyPC starting automatically with Windows Vista and Windows 7. As a workaround, GoToMyPC may be configured to delay its startup until other Windows processes have loaded. This may allow the GoToMyPC software to load without any conflict from other Windows startup processes.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- At the bottom of the Start Search window type in: services.msc and press Enter.
- Locate GoToMyPC in the list of Services. Right-click on the GoToMyPC listing and select Properties.
- In the GoToMyPC Properties window, select Automatic (Delayed Start).
- Select Apply, then click OK.
- The GoToMyPC software will now load after other Windows Services have finished loading. Reboot your computer to ensure that the GoToMyPC software launches properly.
Note: The GoToMyPC software may take considerably longer to startup with this setting.
What to do next:
If you are still having issues with the GoToMyPC software starting automatically on your computer, please contact Customer Support for assistance.
Article last updated: 17 October, 2022