Why am I getting a Sorry, GoToMyPC cannot be started at this time. Please try again in a few moments" error message?
The GoToMyPC viewer files may be erroneously in use, the %temp% folder may be shared or the user may not have read/write permissions for this folder.
Step 1: Reboot the client computer
- Click the Windows Start Menu on client computer
- Click Restart.
- Attempt to connect to host computer again
Note: The reboot will fix the issue the majority of the time. Please only attempt the steps below, if you've already restarted the client and the issue persists:
Step 2: Run the GoTo Opener Permisions Fix Tool
- Download the tool here.
- Extract GoToOpener_PermissionsFix.zip.
- Right click on GoToOpener_PermissionsFix.bat.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Wait while a command prompt window appears and disappears.
- Attempt to connect to the computer again.
Manually Disable Sharing of Temp Folder
If the GoTo Opener permissions fix tool does not work you may need to manually disable sharing
- Hold the Windows key and press R.
- Type %temp% in the run window.
- Navigate back one folder.
- Right click on the Temp folder.
- Select Share or Share With.
- Click Stop Sharing or select Nobody.
- Click Done.
Step 3: Delete GoToMyPC Viewer files
- Uninstall the launcher.
- Navigate to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\GoToMyPC
- Delete every file named gotomypc_XXXX.exe
- Empty the recycle bin.
- Try connecting again.
- You may have to reboot the computer prior to this step to allow the files to be deleted.
- Depending on your settings, additional steps my be required to disable folder sharing. You may need to repeat these steps for the folder LogMeInLogs in the temp.