What if I forget my access code on a Mac?
Your access code resides only on your host Mac and is never transmitted over the Internet. It is a critical component in the encryption key that is used to keep your host computer secure. For security reasons, GoToMyPC does not have a record of your access code and has no way to provide it to you if you forget it while traveling. Because it cannot be emailed, you must be physically present at the host Mac to create a new access code.
You can easily create a new access code to connect to your Mac host computer.
1. Connect to your Mac host computer. If you do not remember your access code, you must be physically by your host computer.
2. Select the GoToMyPC icon in the menu bar, and then select Change Access Code...
3. Select the Forgot your access code? link.
4. Enter your GoToMyPC account credentials (i.e., email address and password) and click OK.
5. On the Change Access Code window, enter your new access code, confirm and click OK.