What do I do if GoToMyPC fails to connect?
There is a variety of issues that can prevent a successful GoToMyPC connection. If you run into a "Unable to Connect" message, read through the troubleshooting tips below.
- Reboot your host computer
- Many issues can be resolved by simply rebooting your host computer. This might require you to phone or email someone near the host computer to physically reboot the computer.
- Run the GoToMyPC Connection Wizard
- GoToMyPC may be unable to establish a connection to our servers to start a session. The GoToMyPC Connection Wizard may be able to resolve the issue and improve performance by locating and storing optimal connection settings to our data servers.
- Make sure that a firewall or other types of security software are not blocking GoToMyPC
- Firewalls and other types of security software may prevent GoToMyPC from successfully connecting to your host computer. Please refer to the Firewall section for instructions on how to configure your security software to work with GoToMyPC.
- Make sure that both your host and client computer meet our minimum Internet connection requirements
- Satellite, dial-up and other non-broadband Internet connections do not meet our recommended connection requirements. Users with these kinds of connections may have difficulty connecting to computers through GoToMyPC.
- Try to connect from another location
- Sometimes a client computer may prevent you from connecting to your host computer. A good way to identify this issue is to attempt a session from multiple locations. If you are successful from one location but not another, the issue is unlikely due to your host computer. If you are unable to connect to your host from a home computer, the problem is often security software. You can refer to the Firewall section for assistance. If you are unable to connect to a host within a corporate environment, network security may be blocking connections. You can refer to the GoToMyPC Connection Wizard section for assistance.
- Check if there is an outage