How does 2-Step verification work?
GoToMyPC users can set an additional layer of security based on a 2-step verification method. The 2-step verification method is based on something you know (e.g., a password) and something you have (e.g., a code sent via text message), providing a more robust level of user authentication. To use the 2-step verification method, users are prompted to enter a code sent via the LastPass authenticator app after they enter their GoToMyPC account password. We strongly suggest using the LastPass authentication method, however, you can also use an alternative verification method.
Important: 2-step verification can only be set up in end-user profiles, but not in manager profiles.
Recommended 2-step verification setup
- Log in to your GoToMyPC account.
- Choose My Account from the left navigation and select Security Settings.
- Enable the Approve with one tap on smartphone (recommended) radio button
- Click Go and set up your device in the GoTo LastPass Authenticator app.
- Click Next.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed in your computer's web browser with the camera of your mobile device.
- When prompted set up your backup method by adding your mobile phone number to the process.
- Enter the security code you received in the text message into the box on your computer screen.
- Click Activate.
- Your 2-step verification setup is now complete.
Note: After 2-step verification is applied to your account, the next time you log in to GoToMyPC, the first page you see will be the 2-step verification page. You will be prompted to approve your login request in the LastPass Authenticator app.