How do I use Remote Sound?
The Remote Sound feature allows users to enjoy one-way sound from their host computers to their client devices like your client computer or mobile devices. Adjustments to your in-session sound settings can be made directly from the Viewer window or in your GoToMyPC preferences.
This feature is not available for Mac computers. To modify your sound preferences:
- Click the Sound button in the upper right-hand corner of the Viewer window.
- Select Sound Settings from the menu.
- From the Sound tab, modify your sound settings as desired and click OK.
- When My Session Starts:
- Turn Off Sound: Select this option to optimize performance.
- Use Low Quality Sound: Enables lower quality sound for better performance.
- Use High Quality Sound: Select this option if you intend to listen to music.
- Sound Options:
- GoToMyPC will transmit sound from: Select your preferred audio source or let GoToMyPC detect the source automatically.
- Automatically disable sound if my Internet connection is slow: This option automatically disables the Sound feature if a slow network connection is detected. If the network performance improves, you will need to manually enable the Sound feature.
- Mute speakers while in-session: Leave this option checked for in-session privacy.
Please see Troubleshooting Sound Issues for more information on the Remote Sound feature.