Review a list of frequently asked questions about the GoToMyPC App for Android.
What is the GoToMyPC app for Android?
GoToMyPC now gives you the freedom to go anywhere you choose and connect to your host computers (Mac & PC), directly from your Android tablet or phone or Kindle Fire.
What can I do with GoToMyPC on an Android device?
- Enjoy instant access to all your files, programs and network.
- View the list of all your host computers.
- Connect to either a Windows PC or Mac host computer to access your network, programs and files.
- Access features like full keyboard functionality, precision mouse control and multi-monitor support.
- Zoom in 300% to see details.
- Multi-task, switching between the GoToMyPC app and other apps without losing your connection.
- Connect over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks.
Can I use the GoToMyPC app for Android on my Android device?
Yes. If you’re running Android 2.3.3 or higher, you can install the GoToMyPC app from the Google Play Store, Samsung Apps and Amazon Appstore for Android. We recommend using devices with a 1Ghz processor or higher for optimal performance.
How much does the GoToMyPC app cost?
There is no cost for the GoToMyPC app. You can easily download the app from the Google Play Store. However, you will need a GoToMyPC subscription in order to connect to your computer. If you’re not a subscriber, you can try GoToMyPC free for 30 days at www.GoToMyPC.com.
Are there any additional fees for using the GoToMyPC app?
The app is free, and there's no charge for connecting to your sessions.However, you will need to pay your Internet company for any data charges incurred while using the GoToMyPC app.
How do I download and install GoToMyPC for Android on my Android device?
From the Google Play Store:
The GoToMyPC app for Android is available free of charge on the Google Play Store (https://play.google.com/store). From your Android device, sign in using the Google username linked to your device. Search for “GoToMyPC," select the GoToMyPC app and tap Install.
On the Checkout dialog box, select your device from the “Send To” drop-down menu and click Install. The GoToMyPC app will now be installed in the Apps folder of your Android device.
From Amazon Appstore for Android:
Sign in with your Amazon credentials on your Android device. Tap the Shop icon and search for "GoToMyPC" and click Go. Tap the Buy from Amazon Appstore button to view the details of the GoToMyPC app.
Tap the Download button to start downloading the GoToMyPC app. The app will be automatically installed on your Android device. Tap the Open button to launch the app.
From Samsung Apps:
Sign in with your Samsung account credentials. Tap the Samsung Apps icon on the main menu of your Android device and search for "GoToMyPC". In the results page, click the Download / Get button next to GoToMyPC.
Confirm your password to begin downloading and installing the app on your Android device.
Why can’t I see the GoToMyPC app in the Google Play Store?
If you don’t see the app in the Google Play Store, you may not be running Android 2.3.3 or higher – the minimum system requirement needed to install the GoToMyPC app.
What are the mandatory system requirements to connect to host computers from my Android device?
- Android devices running 2.3.3 or higher
- ARM CPU required, 1Ghz CPU or higher recommended
- Internet connection (WiFi or cellular 4G/3G connection)
- Free GoToMyPC app for Android (v1.0 or higher)
- Host computer must be running the GoToMyPC host software 7.0 or higher
Can I use S Pen (Stylus Pen) on my Samsung Galaxy Note II ?
Yes! GoToMyPC is designed to support the use of the S Pen on your Samsung Galaxy Note II.
GoToMyPC recognizes the S Pen when you remove it from its dock. This is indicated by the disappearance of the precision control mouse icon .
You can now use your S Pen to:
- Jump Navigation - Hover over the screen and press and release the S Pen button to see the entire desktop. Then tap where you would like to jump to and it will zoom.
- Hover or Tap - Hover with the pen to show tool tips or perform other actions triggered by hovering. Use the precision of the pen to easily tap or press small items.
- Press and Drag - Press and hold for a moment and then drag in order to drag-select or move items.
What features are not supported by the GoToMyPC app for Android?
- GoToMyPC for Android currently does not support the following features:
- Direct Connections
- Copy/ Paste across all applications
- Remote Sound
- Remote Printing
- File Transfer
What is Precision Control feature on Android devices?
Precision Control is an on-screen mouse feature that enabled you to have precise control of your mouse on your host computer, complete with actions like right-click, left-click, hover and drag.
GoToMyPC Pro and Corporate FAQs
Can GoToMyPC Pro and Corporate customers also use the GoToMyPC app for Android?
Yes. Anyone with a GoToMyPC user account and an Android device running 2.3.3 or higher can user the GoToMyPC app. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store, Amazon's Appstore for Android and on Samsung Apps.
If I am the manager of our Pro or Corporate account, can I log in using my manager credentials?
No. Only user accounts are supported on the GoToMyPC app. However, managers can log in to www.GoToMyPC.com through their Android device's browser to manage the account.
What security features are available on the GoToMyPC app for Android?
GoToMyPC uses the same security features whether you are accessing your computer from an Android device or a computer.
All data, including screen images, and keyboard and mouse input, is fully encrypted from end to end using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. No unencrypted information is ever stored on our system.
GoToMyPC uses a number of conventions to protect access to your computers.
- Multiple, Nested Passwords: To access a computer running GoToMyPC, you must have the email address associated with your account and 2 passwords that you create. After logging in to GoToMyPC with your email address and personal password, you must choose which computer you wish to access and then enter a second password, the computer's unique access code. An access code is required for all connections. To provide machine-level security, the computer's unique access code resides on the computer and is never transmitted or stored on GoToMyPC servers.
- Strong Password Requirements: GoToMyPC requires that passwords be at least 8 characters long and contain both letters and numbers. These strict requirements protect you from using easily compromised or common passwords.
- Limited Number of Log-In Attempts: To protect against hacker attacks, GoToMyPC limits the number of times you can attempt to log in.
- End-to-End Authentication: Authentication occurs with a challenge/response mechanism using a secure MD5 methodology.
- Blank Host Computer Screen: Depending on your host computer configuration, you may be able to blank the screen of your host computer while you are remotely connected (PC hosts only).
- Lock Keyboard and Mouse: You can lock your host computer's mouse and keyboard while connected in a GoToMyPC session (PC hosts only).
- One-Time Passwords: You can generate a list of One-Time Passwords to further protect your host computer. Each password allows you to access your computer just once.
- RADIUS SecurID: GoToMyPC Corporate administrators have to the option to use RADIUS SecurID as a third-party provider of two-factor authentication (authentication based on a password or PIN as well as an authenticator). As the GoToMyPC Corporate administrator, you can set the authentication policy to require RADIUS in the authentication settings section of the Administration Center. For more information, check out www.rsa.com or ask your account representative.
RADIUS SecurID is not available with GoToMyPC Pro.
Can GoToMyPC Corporate users use the Save Password feature on their Android device?
By default, this option is not enabled on Corporate accounts. In order to use this feature, the administrator for the account must enable this option in the Admin Center.
Can I use the Client Authorization feature with Android devices?
Yes. GoToMyPC Corporate customers who have client authorization enabled by their corporate administrator can allow their users to connect using an Android device by entering the device’s unique ID in the Admin Center.