How do I change or reset my account password?
Your account password is what you use to log in to the GoToMyPC website.
Resetting your password
- Open a browser to the GoToMyPC sign in page.
- Click Forgot Your Password? under the Password field.
- Enter the email address that was used to create your account and click Continue.
- Check your primary (or alternate) inbox for a "GoToMyPC Password Support" email with instructions to create a new password. If your email account is accessible only from the host computer you are trying to connect to, you will need to be physically present at the host computer. If this is not possible, please contact our support team.
- Open the email and click the given link to reset your password. Each time you request a new account password, the previous password link becomes invalid. If you entered your email multiple times, you will receive multiple emails from GoToMyPC. In order to reset your account password properly, you must use the link provided in the most recent email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you did not receive an email, check your Spam/Junk folder.
- From the Create your new password page, enter your new account password* and click Continue.
* Password requirements include 8-12 characters, at least one number (from 0-9), at least one upper case character (A-Z), at least one lowercase character (a-z), and at least one special character (!'#$%&, etc.). For maximum security, you cannot reuse the last 5 passwords on your GoToMyPC account.
Changing your password
For maximum security, we recommend that you change your account password regularly. If you are a GoToMyPC Pro or Corporate user, your administrator may require you to change your account password on a regular basis.
- Log in at https://www.gotomypc.com/members/login.tmpl.
- Click My Account in the left toolbar.
- Under User Information, enter your current password in the Current Password field.
- Enter your new account password* in the Change Password field, and then retype it below.
- Click Save Changes.