Before ending your GoToMyPC connection, you should lock your computer to ensure maximum security. Windows users can configure GoToMyPC to automatically lock upon disconnection in the Security tab in the Preferences window. If you are listening to music from your host PC, be sure to stop the music before disconnecting your session. If you do not stop the music on the host PC before disconnection, the music will no longer be muted and could be heard by anyone close to your host computer.
Note: GoToMyPC automatically disconnects after 15 minutes of inactivity on your host computer. For information about how to adjust this setting, please see Security Preferences.
End connection from a Windows computer
- From the Viewer menu bar, click File and then Disconnect.
- In the upper-right corner of the Viewer window, click the button.
- Right-click the system tray icon and then select End Session.
End connection from a Mac computer
- From the GoToMyPC Viewer menu, click Quit and Disconnect.
- In the upper-left corner of the Viewer window, click the button.