How do I change my Host preferences?
You can learn from this article how to change your Host preferences.
The Host preferences enables you to customize how the GoToMyPC service starts and runs.
- Automatically: Start GoToMyPC when you start your computer (recommended) or log in (optional for users with administrative rights). If you uncheck the box, GoToMyPC will start only when you launch the application directly.
- Automatically install updates: Automatically updates the host computer with the latest GoToMyPC version.
- Ask me to install updates: Informs you when a new GoToMyPC version is available, and you can decide whether to upgrade or not.
Desktop options while connected
- Automatically adjust host screen area for best full-screen viewing: When possible, resizes the host PC screen resolution to best match the client computer resolution.
- Disable sleep mode on host computer: Disables sleep mode so the host computer remains accessible.
- Show host PC cursor: Makes both the host and client cursors visible.
Note: This feature is not available for Mac hosts, that is users physically in front of a Mac host will not see when the cursor is moved on a client machine.
Desktop Notifications (Personal and Pro only)
- Enabled: Displays product upgrades, information, news and discounts regularly on your desktop. Uncheck the box to disable this feature. For more information see Desktop Notifications: Host Authorization (GoToMyPC Corporate only):
- Authorization ID: Provides the host PC MAC address and C: drive serial number for use when authorization is required by administrators.
Setting preferences for Mac computers is not available at this time.