The Experience Optimizer feature checks your internet speed and the current load of your host and/or client computer at the beginning of each remote session, and adjusts the session settings automatically to optimize your remote session experience.
You can enable and disable the feature under Preferences in the GoToMyPC application.
- How it works
- If you enable the feature on a Windows computer, your remote session starts with your default settings while the test runs for about 30 seconds in the background. All the necessary adjustments are automatically made at the end of the test. If you have poor internet connection, GoToMyPC might turn off your audio or change your display resolution to provide the service in the optimal quality.
- How can I enable Experience Optimizer?
Note: Click Okay in the resulting pop-up Window to give consent to M-Lab to run the speed test.
- Go to www.GoToMyPC.com.
- Click Log in in the top right corner.
- Log in using your GoToMyPC email address and account password.
- If prompted, choose the account you want to access and click Go. This only applies if you have multiple GoToMyPC accounts associated with one email address.
- Click Settings in the right hand menu.
- Scroll down to General Settings.
- Select the check-box under Experience Optimizer to enable the feature.
The test, using up to 40MB of data, is provided by Measurement Lab (M-Lab). M-Lab retains your IP-address and internet speed for research purposes only. Although the result of the test is shared with GoTo, we never disclose your personal data, including your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or your GoToMyPC usage information with them.