Accessing your Host Mac or PC
Once GoToMyPC is set up and running on your host computer, you can access it immediately from almost any other Mac, Windows computer or Windows Mobile handheld that is connected to the Internet.
To remotely access your host, it must be turned on and connected to the Internet. By default, GoToMyPC will disable the sleep feature on your host to ensure that you can always connect to it. You'll need to be at a client computer (any computer other than the Windows or Mac computer you just set up), and you"ll need to have your email address, password and access code.
- In your web browser, type www.GoToMyPC.com.
- Enter your email address and account password and click Log In.
- If prompted, choose the account you want to access and click Go (this only applies if you have multiple accounts associated with one email address). This will load your Computers page.
- Click the Connect button to the right of the nickname of the host to which you want to connect.
Note: If you frequently access the same host Mac or PC from the same client computer (e.g. access a home Mac from a work PC) then you may want to create a Desktop Shortcut to skip these initial login steps and go directly to the Access Code prompt.
- If prompted, click Yes, Always or Trust to download the GoToMyPC Viewer.
- When prompted, enter the access code for the host and click OK.
- The host image will appear in the Viewer window. You are now connected and ready to start accessing all your files, applications and email as if you were sitting at your remote computer!
Note: If your host Mac or PC's status is offline, then you will not be able to access that computer. To remotely access your host, you need to leave the Mac or PC on and connected to the Internet with GoToMyPC running.