Managing Windows and Microsoft Updates
With Update Management you can control how Windows and Microsoft updates are installed on all supported hosts in your account. (Also referred to as Patch Management.)
Who can use this feature? The Update Management feature is available for the following:
|Basic/Plus/Premier Subscription||Modular Subscription||User Permissions|
Required LogMeIn software
Required host software: Version 4.1.1868 or higher
For each computer covered by your Pro subscription, you can do the following: For each computer covered by your Central Premier subscription, you can do the following:
- View list of pending updates
- Install updates
- View update settings
- Change update settings on a single host
- Change update settings on multiple hosts
Required host operating systems
The host must run an officially supported Windows operating system. See System Requirements – Host Computer.
Tip: Consult Microsoft documentation for comprehensive information about Windows and Microsoft updates.
Note: In Windows 10 Home Edition the Windows Update Settings can't be changed.
- Windows 10 – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update
- Windows 8 – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-update-faq
- Windows 7 – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows7/Understanding-Windows-automatic-updating
- Windows Vista – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows-vista/Understanding-Windows-automatic-updating
- Windows Server 2008 – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730810.aspx