How to Create an IP Filter Profile
Create IP Filter Profiles to allow or deny connections to a host from specific IP addresses.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Central Control Panel and follow this path:
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path:
- Under IP Address Filtering, click Edit Profiles to begin creating a filter profile.
Result: The IP Filtering dialog box is displayed.
- Type a Name for your filter and click Add a new profile.
- Choose a filter type:
- Choose allow to make a filter that allows specified addresses to access this host
- Choose deny to make a filter that prevents specified addresses from accessing this host
- Under Address, enter the IP address you want to allow or deny.
Accepted wildcards are an asterisk (*) that matches any number of characters, and a question mark (?) that matches a single character only.
- Enter a Subnet that you want to allow or deny.
- Click Add filter.
Result: The filter is added to the IP Filters in Profile box.
- Repeat from step 2, above, to add additional filters to the Filter Profile. Important: Filters are checked in the order they are listed in the IP Filters in Profile box. Ordering is crucial. Use the up and down arrows next to the IP Filters in Profile box to set proper order.
- Click OK when you are finished adding filters to the Profile.
Result: Your Filter Profile is saved and you are returned to the IP Filtering page.
- You must apply your Filter Profile before it can take effect. On the IP Filtering page, select a Filter Profile from the Profiles list and click Use Profile.
Result: The Filter Profile is activated on the host.