How to Access the Onscreen Keyboard
Use the onscreen keyboard to enter text, commands, and other information directly to the host computer.
- On the main remote control screen, tap the Keyboard icon. Tip: On devices supporting three-finger swipe, make a three-finger swipe up/down to show/hide the keyboard.The onscreen keyboard is displayed.
- Tap the screen where you want to begin typing.
- The lower keyboard is the standard keyboard for your device.
Important: Characters will not be displayed if your selected international keyboard has a character set that the host computer does not support.
- Tap ABC and 123 to switch between letters and numbers.
- While using numbers, tap #+= and 123 or ALT to switch between special characters (including punctuation marks) and numbers.
- On iOS, tap the Globe to access international keyboards.
- On Android, tap and hold the ABC or 123 button and select Input method to access international keyboards. Refer to device documentation for further information regarding international keyboards.
- The upper keyboard is unique to LogMeIn. Figure 1. iOS upper keyboardFigure 2. Android upper keyboard
- Shift is "sticky" and will remain "on" when tapped to allow you to enter key combinations and to act as the Caps Lock key.
- Ctrl and Alt are both "sticky" and will remain "on" when tapped to allow you to enter key combinations.
- The Win key acts as the Windows logo key. Use it to open the Windows Start menu. It is "sticky" to allow for key combinations and shortcuts.
- The Menu key acts as the Application key. Use it to open context menus in Windows applications. It is "sticky" to allow for key combinations and shortcuts.
- The Extra keys icon brings up various special keys.
You may have to swipe left and right to access all available special keys.
Function keys: F1 - F12
Special keys: Esc (Escape), Caps (Caps lock), PrtScr (Print Screen), Ins (Insert), Del (Delete), Scroll (Scroll Lock), Home, End, Pause, PgUp (Page Up), PgDn (Page Down)
Direction keys: Tab and arrows (up, down, left, right)
- To turn off the keyboard, tap Hide or X.