Deploying the Host Software
Use the Deployment page to install the host software to one or more remote computers and add the computers to your account.
Who can use this feature? The Deployment page is available to LogMeIn Central Account Holders and users who have Deployment permission.
Watch the following video on host deployment:
To deploy the host software, you must create an installation package and define a deployment method.
- Installation Package
When you create an installation package, you are answering the following questions:
- Do you want new computers to be in a specific computer group?
- Do you want to apply special host settings?
- Do you want to activate alerts? Only available in Central Base plan plus Automation or Insight modules.
- Deployment Method
When you define the deployment method, you are answering the following questions:
- How do you want the actual installation to be executed? Using what technology, so to speak.
- Do you want to send an installation link (a clickable URL) by email, chat, or similar?
- Do you want to provide a centrally accessible installer?
- Do you want to provide a self-extracting installer?
- Do you want to run a batch file from the command prompt of the remote computer?