Install GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce
The GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce provides technicians the ability to create support sessions, as well as collect information about these sessions upon closure. The integration uses the GoToAssist Remote Support Developer app (i.e., API) to create sessions and to collect the session information at the end of a session.
Obtain a Client ID and Client Secret
In order to install the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce, you must first obtain a Client ID and Client Secret from the GoTo Developer Center by downloading the GoToAssist Remote Support Developer app.
- Go to https://developer.goto.com/signup and create an account. There is only one account needed for a company installation.
- Once signed up, click your user account drop-down menu in the upper-left toolbar, then select OAuth Clients.
- Click Create a new client.
- Enter the Client Name and Description.
- Enter your desired Redirect URI(s), then click Add.
- For Scopes, make your desired selections in the Profile, Product, SCIM, and Admin Center panes.
- On the Credentials page, your new Client ID and Client Secret are displayed. Copy and paste each value into a text editor and store in a safe place.
- WARNING! Once you continue from this page, you will not be able to access the Client Secret later from the GoTo Developer Center, as it will be hidden for security purposes. Please be sure you have stored the Client secret safely so that you can access it outside of the GoTo Developer Center if ever needed.
- Check the box for the I have stored the client secret option once it has been saved.
- Retain the Client ID and Client Secret as they will be required in the instructions for "Configure the Application" below. Proceed to Install the Application in Salesforce for the next steps!
Install the Application in Salesforce
Once you've obtained your Client ID and Client secret from the GoTo Developer Center, you can install the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce.
- Go to the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce within AppExchange.
- Click Get it Now.
- Click Log in to the AppExchange. If you are already logged into Salesforce, you are not asked to re-enter your credentials.
- After logging in, click Install in production, which makes the application available to other users. Otherwise, click Install in sandbox to test in a copy of your production org.
- Review the terms and conditions, and check the box to agree to them.
- Click Confirm and Install.
- You can install the application for Admins Only (for testing), for All Users, or for Specific Profiles (i.e., security levels - shown below). If you select Specific Profiles, a list of Salesforce user profiles is displayed. You can select the default access level for all profiles and click Set. You can then modify the access setting for each profile.
- When you are ready, click Install. You are then asked to approve access to your Salesforce instance for the specific third-party (LogMeIn) sites. Check the box for Yes, grant access and click Continue.
- Review the Approve Package API Access permissions, then click Next.
- Review the security levels and choose the appropriate security setting for your deployment (the "Select security settings" option is recommended). Click Next.
- Click Install to complete the installation. Proceed to Configure the Application for the next steps!
Configure the Application
Now that you have installed the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce, you will need to link it to the Client ID and Client Secret from your GoTo Developer Center account.
- From the Salesforce home page, click the Force.com App Menu in the top-right navigation.
- Select GoToAssist RS from the list of app menu items.
- Click on the GoToAssist RS Configuration tab.
- Click Edit.
- Fill out the following required fields:
- Client Id: Enter the Client ID that was obtained in Step #9 of the instructions for Obtain a Client ID and Client Secret.
- Client Secret: Enter the Client Secret that was obtained in Step #9 of the instructions for Obtain a Client ID and Client Secret.
- Endpoint Base Url: Enter "https://api.getgo.com" (i.e., Application URL)
- Site Url: Enter the secure and direct URL of your Force.com site. Make sure that the Site URL listed includes "https://" (i.e., not "http://"), otherwise the session data will not be generated (e.g., https://api.getgo.com).
- User Id & Password: Enter the email address and password of any GoToAssist Remote Support agent account, which will only be used to validate use of the API within Salesforce. To generate support sessions, GoToAssist Remote Support users will still be asked to log in using their own agent account credentials.
- Click Save.
- Then continue on to Set Up Layout Pages!