How to Post Session Data to a URL
LogMeIn Rescue Administration Center
This feature allows you to take the Rescue Lens session data from your technicians and have them posted to a script you create on your own server.
To implement this feature, knowledge of web forms or XML handling is recommended. This feature requires you to code and host the target page/URL to which Rescue is sending data.
Note: LogMeIn does not support code troubleshooting.
Restriction: Available for Desktop Technician Console and browser-based Technician Console only.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Exporting session data, type the URL to which you want to post session details. You can post data in the following cases:
- Each time a session is started (each time it enters Active status)
- Only when a session is started for the first time (the first time it enters Active status)
- When a session is ended (enters Closed status)
- When a session is suspended by putting it on hold or transferring it to a technician
- When the Technician Console is refreshed or closed
- Enter a URL your technicians can access. For example: http://webserver/path
- For authentication, use this format: http://[username]:[password]@webserver/path
- As appropriate, choose to post session details as HTML Form parameters or XML data.
- By default, the complete chat log is posted. To control how chat data is posted, select from the following options:
- Select Omit chat text from post to URL to post only system messages. All chat between the technician and customer is excluded.
- Select Omit chat from Rescue Data Center storage to ensure that only system messages are passed to the Rescue Data Center when a session is transferred or placed on hold, or when the browser that is running the Technician Console is refreshed or closed during a session. Only system messages will be posted at session end.
- Save your changes.