What's New in RescueAssist
Read our release notes about the latest features and improvements.
December 3, 2018
Improvements to the Agent Web Console
- Setting up unattended access to multiple domain machines (Windows MSI)
- The Windows MSI installer makes it possible for system or domain administrators to set up unattended access on up to 5,000 domain machines simultaneously.
- Task Manager button
- The agent web console now offers a Ctrl+Alt+Del button on the session toolbar that allows agents to activate the login dialog box on the customer's computer during a remote control session.
- Keyboard event handling for Samsung devices
- Shift+character combinations are now supported for the English keyboard layout. Note: This feature makes use of the new version of the RescueAssist by LogMeIn Android app (v1.2.0).
LogMeIn Remote Support applet 220.127.116.11 (Windows)
- Improved the flow that is used to reconnect the applet with the session when connection has been temporarily lost.
- This version of the applet supports setting up unattended access to multiple domain machines (Windows MSI).
- This version of the applet supports the use of the new Ctrl+Alt+Del button on the session toolbar of the agent web console allowing agents to activate the login dialog box on the customer's computer during a remote control session.
Improvements and fixes
- Customer name and Device name are now displayed on the list of recordings on the Recordings tab of the agent web console.
- When a customer initiates a support session from Slack, their Slack username is now transferred into the session to appear as Customer name.
- The new RescueAssist by LogMeIn iOS app (v1.1.2) fixed an issue where the use of the iOS Broadcast feature caused the loss of connection with the agent.
- The Admin Mode button now gets disabled on the agent console toolbar once Admin Mode has been successfully activated.
- Reliability and quality improvements to session recording.
- Chrome web store localization for the RescueAssist by LogMeIn browser extension.
November 23, 2018
LogMeIn Remote Support applet 18.104.22.168 (Windows)
- Fixed an issue where the applet would not always reconnect following a problem in network connectivity.
- This version of the applet brings stability improvements to unattended access.
Improvements to the Agent Web Console
- Sending Files
- Agents can now use the Send File button on the toolbar (as an alternative to the plus icon in the chat field) to send files to their customers. No size restriction applies to files to be sent.
- New animated backgrounds for connection statuses
- New animated backgrounds bring a modern look and feel for the agent workspace.
- Display customer name in browser tab
- When submitted by the customer at the start of the session, their name is now displayed in the browser tab hosting the session, so agents can easily identify which tab belongs to which customer in a multi-session scenario.
- Fixed an issue where the agent web console froze when the agent clicked the Snapshot toolbar button before the customer allowed access to their screen.
- The File Send button has been removed from the toolbar in case of SeeIt Camera Share sessions, where file sending is not available by design.
- Fixed an issue where System Information was not available during sessions started from Slack.
- Fixed issues where the Customer name was not displayed properly in cases when the name was too long or contained special characters.
- Fixed an issue where devices for which unattended support had been set up were not displayed properly on the Devices tab of the agent web console.
November 19, 2018
This release includes enhancements to the RescueAssist mobile experience.
- Remote Control Support for LG and Huawei Devices
- Customers on supported devices can now download the Rescue LG Add-On or Rescue Huawei Add-On component from the Play Store to get support by RescueAssist agents taking control of their devices.
- Get iOS Device Info through Chat
Agents can get basic system information about iOS devices they support by typing simple slash commands in the chat field of the web console. For detailed information, see Managing a Remote Control/Remote View Session on Mobile.
October 16, 2018
This is the initial general release of RescueAssist by LogMeIn.