Restarting the RescueAssist by LogMeIn application as a System Service
Use the ADMIN MODE button to restart the app on the customer's machine as a Windows System Service or a Mac daemon.
You need to be in admin mode to perform the following actions:
- Set up unattended access for a new device
- Change system settings. For example, firewall or User Account Control settings
- Install or uninstall programs in system-level directories
- Install, delete or partition drives
- Add or delete users
- Add new computers to Windows domain
- Force quit system programs Tip: If on Windows, you can send the customer's device a Ctrl-Alt-Del command. See Open the Task Manager on a Customer's Device (Windows only).
- During an active Remote Control session, on the session toolbar of the Agent Web Console, click ADMIN MODE. Tip: If the ADMIN MODE button is disabled (grayed-out), you are already in admin mode.
Depending on the customer's operating system, the RescueAssist by LogMeIn application restarts either as:
- Windows - A Windows System Service
- Mac - A daemon
- Open the Task Manager on a Customer's Device (Windows only)
Use the CTRL+ALT+DEL button during a remote control session to log in to the customer's computer with different credentials or to access the Task Manager.