Managing a Remote Control/Remote View Session on Mobile
The following features and tools are available to you during a Remote Control session supporting a mobile device.
- Remote View
- Use Remote View to view the customer's device screen without taking control of the device.
- Remote Control
- Use Remote Control to operate the customer's device as if you were holding it in your own hands. Restriction: Currently available for Samsung devices and supported versions of LG and Huawei devices.
- Engage in a two-way chat with a customer without requiring the customer to download any software.
- Session transfer
You can pass a Remote Control/Remote View session to another active agent within your organization. For detailed information, see Transferring a session.
- Session Recording
Depending on an account-level setting, RescueAssist can make a recording of all on-screen activity during a support session. For detailed information, see Working with Session Recording
- Device Info through Chat (iOS only!)
- You can get basic system information about the iOS device you are supporting by typing simple slash commands in the chat field of the web console.
Restriction: This feature is available for iOS devices only!
- Retrieves the following basic device information:
Fastpath: You can also use the /gdi short command.
- Screen resolution
- You can get information about the mobile carrier and network type the device is currently using. Fastpath: You can also use the /gci short command.
- You can get information about the wireless network the device is currently using. (Wireless SSID, BSSID, and IP address) Fastpath: You can also use the /gcw short command.
- You can get information about the battery status of the device. Fastpath: You can also use the /gbs short command.