How to Elevate a Chat-only Session to a Remote Control/Remote View Session
At any time during a chat-only support session, agents can elevate the session into a Remote Control/Remote View session to make use of the full support feature set and capability of RescueAssist by viewing the customer's desktop and/or operating the customer's device.
- During an active chat-only session, in the Agent Web Console, click Start Remote Control.
- Ask the customer to follow instructions displayed on their Chat Panel to share their device screen.
- Customers on desktop computers should install/launch the browser extension to share their computer screen.
- Customers on mobile devices should install/launch the RescueAssist by LogMeIn application to share their device screen. Note: Customers on an iOS device need to use the iOS Broadcast feature to enable screen sharing. For detailed information about how the customer can enable Broadcast for the RescueAssist by LogMeIn application, see How to enable Screen Sharing (Broadcast) on an iOS Device providing an end-to-end view of the process from the customer's perspective.
- To gain remote control of the customer's device, ask them to click ALLOW REMOTE ACCESS. The RescueAssist by LogMeIn application is launched on the customer's computer; remote control starts.
- To end the session, click the END SESSION icon in the session header.