The Customer Experience: Instant Chat
Instant Chat allows a support technician to engage in a two-way chat session with a customer without forcing the customer to download any software.
With Instant Chat you lose no functionality, but rather gain the flexibility to use the Rescue Applet or not.
- Chat with the technician(s)
- View a detailed session log
- Allow or deny the technician the right to perform certain actions (install the Applet, start remote control)
- End a session by clicking the large X at upper left
- Change the display language using the Language Selector
- Change the display font size
For detailed information on Instant Chat setup and customization, see the LogMeIn Rescue Customization and Integration Guide.
- How to Launch the Rescue Applet during Instant Chat
During an Instant Chat session, the Chat-Only Mode dialog box informs the technician that advanced Rescue tools can only be activated if the customer is running the Rescue Applet.