Supporting Android Devices
This section summarizes how Rescue+Mobile can be used to support Android devices.
- Due to Android OS security restrictions, Remote Control is available only on Android 2.3+ devices from Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Huawei, Sony, Vertu, Kazam, LG, and some Lenovo and Positivo devices.
- Technicians are able to view the screen of any Android 5.0+ device without taking control (known as Remote View).
Rescue+Mobile App for Android
The customer must have the Rescue+Mobile app for Android. The app can be downloaded from Google Play or by following a link sent by the technician during connection.
- PIN Code
- Link and Messaging Tool
The Click2Fix tab gives technicians a set of tools for analyzing and resolving the most commonly encountered issues faced by mobile customers.
- Info and Alert Bar
- View basic device info and highlighted issues or action items.
- Mobile Network
- View mobile network information. Push predefined APN settings.
- View basic information about the customer's device (System Version, Baseband number, Build number, IMEI, etc.).
- Web Shortcuts
- Push icons that give the customer access to web content from their home screen.
- View battery details and push settings that help optimize battery utilization.
- View and manage a device’s Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi connections.
- Direct URL
- Send customers predefined or custom URLs, which open in their default browser.
- Device View
- View a simulation of the customer’s device. With supported devices, technicians can also start a remote control session.
- Jump to specific destination on the customer’s mobile device.
- View processes and applications running on an Android device, and see how much memory they are using. Kill selected processes and running applications.
- View and manage missing or unwanted (flagged) applications.
- View configuration information about the email accounts configured in the default email app of the customer's device. Add new accounts.
Customer Display Tab
- Launch Remote Control Session
- View and control the customer's device. Depending on permissions, the following features may also be available when controlling an Android:
- White Board
- Laser Pointer
- Screen Capture
- Screen Recording
- Launch Display Viewing Session
- View the customer's device. Depending on permissions, the following features may also be available when controlling an Android:
- White Board
- Laser Pointer
System Info Tab
- The Dashboard tab provides access to the following information:
- System Information (OS, Baseband number, Build number, Device model, etc.)
- Memory Information
- Wireless and Network Information
- Battery and Power Consumption Information
- Storage Information
- View and terminate processes running on the customer's device.
- View services registered on the customer's device.
- View all applications installed on the customer's device; launch and uninstall applications.
- View recent events of the customer’s device.
File Manager tab
Transfer files between customer and technician.
History and Notes tab
- Add/Edit Notes
- Take notes during a session and save them.
- History and Notes Capabilities
- View the session log and any notes made during the active or past sessions with the current in-session device.