Starting a Rescue Lens Session by PIN Code
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a PIN code.
Technician Starts the Session
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Rescue Lens sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the PIN code connection method.
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Select Rescue Lens as session type.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field. This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the PIN Code tab.
- Click Create PIN Code. A 6-digit PIN code is generated and displayed in the Create New Session window and in the Session Log.
Customer Launches the Rescue Lens App
Once you have a PIN, make sure the customer has the app. They will enter the PIN in the app.
- Ask the customer to launch the Rescue Lens app, available on Google Play or the App Store.
The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK.
- Ask the customer to enter the PIN. At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
Technician Supports the Customer
The session appears in the Technician Console once the customer has launched the Rescue Lens app, entered a valid PIN, and accepted the End-User License Agreement.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.Restriction: Lens audio is not available for Technician Console for Mac.