Starting a Rescue Lens Session by Link and Messaging Tool
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a link that you send to a customer using a messaging service or related tool.
Technician Starts the Session
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Rescue Lens sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the Link connection method.
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Select Rescue Lens as session type.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field. This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the Link tab.
- Click Copy link to clipboard. A session-specific link containing the PIN code is copied to your clipboard. The link is also displayed in the Create New Session window.
- Paste the link into your messaging tool and send it to your customer.
Customer Launches the Rescue Lens App
- Ask the customer to open the message and click the link or paste it into their browser to launch the Rescue Lens app.
Note: If the Rescue Lens app is not already installed on the customer's device, they are redirected to Google Play or the App Store to install the app first.
The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK. At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
Technician Supports the Customer
The session appears in the Technician Console once the customer has launched the Rescue Lens app, and accepted the End-User License Agreement.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.Restriction: Lens audio is not available for Technician Console for Mac.