Starting a Rescue Lens Session by Email
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using an Email containing a PIN code.
Technician Starts the Session
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Rescue Lens sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the Email connection method.
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Select Rescue Lens as session type.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field. This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the Email tab.
- Choose how you want to send the email to the customer:
- To use your own email client and account, choose Send email via my default email client on this computer.
- To allow Rescue to send the email, choose Send email on my behalf via the LogMeIn Rescue servers and enter a valid email address in the To field.
- Click Email Link. A 6-digit PIN code is generated and sent to the customer in an Email.
Customer Launches the Rescue Lens App
- Ask the customer to opens the Email, and click the link to launch the Rescue Lens app.
Note: If the Rescue Lens app is not already installed on the customer's device, they are redirected to Google Play or the App Store to install the app first.Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system.
The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK. At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
Technician Supports the Customer
The session appears in the Technician Console once the customer has launched the Rescue Lens app, and accepted the End-User License Agreement.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.Restriction: Lens audio is not available for Technician Console for Mac.