Setting up the Applet
- How to Set the Default Applet (Standard or Instant Chat)
Choose to run either the Rescue Applet or Instant Chat at the start of any session with a PC or Mac.
- How to Set Windows System Service Behavior
By default, the Rescue Applet is started as a normal application. You can set Rescue to launch the Applet as a Windows System Service whenever the customer has Windows administrative rights.
- How to Set Mouse and Keyboard Data Entry Priority for Remote Control
During a Remote Control session, the technician and customer may simultaneously use their mouse or keyboard. Select the user whose actions should be processed first.
- How to Show Estimated Length of Waiting to Customers
Show your customers the amount of time they can expect to wait before a technician will be able to activate their session.
- How to Customize Applet Appearance
An Administrator can customize the appearance of the Applet by inserting a custom logo and icon.
- How to Set up Custom Terms and Conditions
Show customers a customized Terms and Conditions after they have downloaded the Applet, but before the technician can begin to provide service (while the session is in Connecting status).
- How to Disable the Pause/Break Key
Disable the Pause/Break key as a hotkey that customers press to revoke all permissions and end the current action, even when the Rescue Applet is not in focus.
- How to Prompt the Customer for Permissions at Session Start
Force the Rescue Applet to display a permission dialog before any other session activity occurs. Otherwise, customers are prompted when the technician first attempts a remote action, such as when launching remote control or requesting system information.